Fishing pond in Johor, Taman Perling

Community Questions | Tackle | Discussion

Fishing pond in Johor, Taman Perling

Postby BlurMil » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:38 pm

hi, any kakis knew of the above? I had passed by there while going for seafood dinner at "orang asli".

hope to seek advice on the catch rate, charges and any ther tips like bait, rigs, spot, etc.

Thanks in advance! :D
BlurMil
Big Barracuda

Postby fabian1980 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:29 pm

when u wanna go? must jio me hor.. :lol:

Image Image
fabian1980
Big Barracuda

Postby Simon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:21 am

I was fishing at one of the three ponds at Tmn Perling last week. The ponds charge ard RM32-38 for 4 hours of fishing. They sell live prawns at RM0.70 for bait.

I don't know which pond you are refering to. I went to Brother fishing pond and landed myself 2 KBLs and 1 Kim Chew with live and peeled prawns. I believe I could have landed more if I adopted their fishing technique earlier. I was at the right spot ( A particular corner where the KBLs were hiding) but I was not using the right rig.

I was using the usual spinning rig (split shot with single hook) but I noticed a regular using similar rig less the split shot. He caught about 6-7 KBLs in two hours. I removed the split shot and was immediately rewarded with one too. Nonetheless it was already too late :( The uncle had cleared most of the fish liao. I am quite sure his rig worked because there were others who were not getting any bite using different setup (Float mostly)

There was also this Singaporean uncle there who was floating with fish meat/live prawn combo at the middle of the pond. He landed the champion fish of the day - A 3kg KBL. He mentioned that he lost a huge groupa earlier.

Like any fishing pond, the spot is very important. Otherwise, you will just be fishing blindly.
Simon
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Jerry » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:10 am

is damai fishing center..!! rate is 35-38 , for 3 hrs. got alot of KBL . bait - live prawns .. !! !!
Jerry
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Ah_jack » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:35 am

whr is the bRother fishing pond at johor?ANY BROS CARE TO LED ME THR?
Ah_jack
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish

Postby Simon » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:23 am

Do a seacrh (pond + jb)

I followed the instruction given by a fellow forumer and found the place.
Simon
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Ah_jack » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:35 pm

thanks for the info ...i thinki know the direction to that place liao.
Ah_jack
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish

Postby BlurMil » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Simon wrote:I was fishing at one of the three ponds at Tmn Perling last week. The ponds charge ard RM32-38 for 4 hours of fishing. They sell live prawns at RM0.70 for bait.

I don't know which pond you are refering to. I went to Brother fishing pond and landed myself 2 KBLs and 1 Kim Chew with live and peeled prawns. I believe I could have landed more if I adopted their fishing technique earlier. I was at the right spot ( A particular corner where the KBLs were hiding) but I was not using the right rig.

I was using the usual spinning rig (split shot with single hook) but I noticed a regular using similar rig less the split shot. He caught about 6-7 KBLs in two hours. I removed the split shot and was immediately rewarded with one too. Nonetheless it was already too late :( The uncle had cleared most of the fish liao. I am quite sure his rig worked because there were others who were not getting any bite using different setup (Float mostly)

There was also this Singaporean uncle there who was floating with fish meat/live prawn combo at the middle of the pond. He landed the champion fish of the day - A 3kg KBL. He mentioned that he lost a huge groupa earlier.

Like any fishing pond, the spot is very important. Otherwise, you will just be fishing blindly.

Jerry wrote:is damai fishing center..!! rate is 35-38 , for 3 hrs. got alot of KBL . bait - live prawns .. !! !!

Hi Both,

Thanks for sharing!! will follow bro simon's advice if i am gg to Brother.
Now osos gg to search for the way there, thanks again!
BlurMil
Big Barracuda

Postby humbble » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 am

Jerry wrote:is damai fishing center..!! rate is 35-38 , for 3 hrs. got alot of KBL . bait - live prawns .. !! !!

Yes it is Damai fishing village, furthermore, got more chio bu go there too. Either they go there to fish or go there to accompany bf or father.Damai got bigger KBL. few days ago,I witness 7.6kg KBL caught by the guy next to me,(Why not me?)
humbble
Schooling Tamban
Schooling Tamban

Postby Jigdemon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:17 am

humbble wrote:Yes it is Damai fishing village, furthermore, got more chio bu go there too. Either they go there to fish or go there to accompany bf or father.Damai got bigger KBL. few days ago,I witness 7.6kg KBL caught by the guy next to me,(Why not me?)

Because your focus is on the "chio bu" wat not focusing on fishing .....now you liao hor :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jigdemon
Bull Dorado
Bull Dorado

Postby quekactoto » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:22 pm

hi, i am a newbie and still learning the lingo. Whats usual spinning rig (split shot with single hook) ? can someone care to enlighten? thanks.

jonathan
quekactoto
Pufferfish
Pufferfish

any1 going?

Postby Shadystep » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:51 am

Hi guys,

if any of you going to the pond, can jio me along? me have wanted to try the ponds there but do not know how to get there(also no kaki to go with).

Me work night shift. free from 7am onwards for most days less tuesday and friday.

If you guys going and short kaki, do jio me along. (PM me can aleady)

Cheers
regards

I worked off my arse just to keep on FISHING!

Work for Cash, Cash for Fishing!
Shadystep
Big Barracuda

Postby siawfishing » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:35 am

Came back from Damai fishing village,

My group with 5people win the Rm6000. :wave:

The 10th fish only weight 2.635kg.
siawfishing
Nice Barramundi
Nice Barramundi

Postby accord588 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 am

Fishing in Damai fishing village last sat night..

Get the 1st RM1000 and the weight just 1.640kg :)

Lucky ya~
accord588
Blur Sotong
Blur Sotong

Postby grinner » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 pm

accord588 wrote:Fishing in Damai fishing village last sat night..

Get the 1st RM1000 and the weight just 1.640kg :)

Lucky ya~

You sibeh lucky leh...got any photos to post for us to see or not? Too bad Koi missed the biggie... :roll:

Dare to Dream.
grinner
Schooling Tamban
Schooling Tamban

Postby suzuki_sport4545 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 pm

sound like nice catch there. can have the address?
suzuki_sport4545
Schooling Tamban
Schooling Tamban

Re: Fishing pond in Johor, Taman Perling

Postby Benz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:12 pm

BlurMil wrote:hi, any kakis knew of the above? I had passed by there while going for seafood dinner at "orang asli".

hope to seek advice on the catch rate, charges and any ther tips like bait, rigs, spot, etc.

Thanks in advance! :D

If you are going there for seafood, may I suggest a better place?

The seafood at Masai is very much cheaper & tastier that the ones at Perling.

Regards
Ben

zz...zz...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Benz
Nice Barramundi
Nice Barramundi

Postby Paulscl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Three of us visited this pond today ; the Damai Fishing village .
A bit hesitant to go as did not know the way but with technology of gps ,we ventered .
It was a great pond to fish .The boss and staff were friendly .
We fished for 8 hours ; paid only RMB 60 each .
The catches were fantastic ranging from 1KG Kim to 9Kg Groupers and others .
My line burst on two occassion suggesting that a big fish was at the other end .
When evening came ,they injected close to 100 golden promfret right in front of our eyes. PHEW !!
I understood from the regulars there that there are also 2 other ponds nearby .
Do give a try .

Paul .
Paulscl
Blur Sotong
Blur Sotong